Toddler Activities

The past couple of weeks it has been HOT here in the Midwest.  We saw triple digits a couple of times, and on those days, L and I stayed inside.  

Of course, those were the days that L really wanted to go outside, so I was left trying to entertain a toddler who was mad at me that we couldn't go outside.  

Ladies and gentlemen, I am ill-prepared when it comes to keeping my child entertained with new things to do.  We do have reading time where we curl up in her bed and we read countless books until she or both of us fall asleep. I try to bring out toys she hasn't played with in awhile, but she just gets bored after a bit and wants something else to do.  We color.  We play with stickers.  I don't have anything else in my arsenal for her to do.

So, I made a plan one evening last week that I would start gathering supplies to be able to have more things in my arsenal.  My Pinterest board, Kiddo Crafts and Activities, has a huge collection of things I could be doing with my kid.  I started going through the things that I had pinned, and I think I have come up with a pretty good arsenal of crafting, gifting, and learning things for L to do throughout the winter months.

Links are found below the photos. 




Links:
one||two||three
four||five||six
seven||eight||nine

I am especially excited to do number eight because L loves to high-five!  What better way to teach her colors than to have her do her favorite thing while learning her colors?  The Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom activity will be fun, too.  She loves that book!

What are some things you do to tame your toddler when it is too hot/too cold/rainy to go outside?











5 comments:

  1. What great activities; I'm always looking for new things to do with my little one! Thanks for stopping by and linking up to The PINcentive Blog Hop! Hope you're having a great Tuesday :o)

    croppedstories@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also Kids toys

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive