Dear L (Blogtember: Day 10)

Today's Prompt: 

Write a public love letter to someone in your life. (It doesn't necessarily need to be romantic.)

Well, the first person that popped into my head was Lynzi, so here goes...

Dear L,

This may not be much of a love letter as love letter's go, but what is behind these words is nothing but love.  

I want you to know that I will always do what I think is best and right for you. I will do my best to give you a safe and loving home.  You will never be hungry or hurting as long as I can help it, and I will go through hell to make sure of it.  

I will always try to see things from your point of view.  I may not always succeed at this, so please, be patient with me.  I will be constantly learning for your entire life about being a mother.  You didn't come with instructions, much to mine and your father's dismay.

I was young once, I remember most of it, but sometimes you are going to have to be patient with me and explain things.  I want to know about your life and your likes and your happenings, but sometimes, I won't get it.  I genuinely want to know, so please, just tell me like it is.  I will do the same for you.

Life is going to hurt sometimes.  Then, other times, you will be so full of happiness that you will feel like you are going to split wide open.  Remember how that feels on the hard days.  Look to fill yourself up with happiness every day, store it, and use it to endure the bad days. 

One day, a boy is going to break your heart into a million pieces.  Just come to me.  I will come with ice cream and an open set of ears.  

One day, your best friend will betray you.  Ice cream fixes that, too.  As does shopping.

One day, when the car is almost out of gas, rent is due in a week, there is barely any food in the fridge, and you have a huge paper to write in two days-call me.  We'll figure it out.

I have been through a lot in my life and I used to ask myself, "Why me?"

When the nurse put you in my arms for the first time, I knew why.

It was so I could be your mother.

And that is what I will do until I can't anymore.

Love always,
Mom

Source










0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive