Social Media (Blogtember: Day 8)

Today's Prompt:

Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.

Oh wow.  Well, this is something I have actually been thinking a lot about lately.

I have recently become aware-really aware-of how attached I have become to social media.  I have also become more aware of what I should and should not share on social media.

I have been contemplating for some time removing all social media apps from my phone.  I removed all but one game from my phone a little over a month ago and I haven't missed it.  However, I do go into my social media apps more, so deleting my games didn't really help my problem.

I am addicted to those silly little icons on my phone and it annoys me!  During a down moment with L, I'm always clicking on them.  I can't just sit and watch a movie with her. It seems I always have to be on my phone!

I never thought about it until I became a parent.  I didn't.  I was never concerned with how much time I spent on my phone doing things before L.  Now, I am constantly aware of it.  

It needs to stop.

I believe the time has come for me to start weaning myself from the phone.  I have thought about setting a timer when I'm on it.  I have even thought about setting a timer to initiate when I can look at it.  I have already shut off all notifications so I don't hear emails, Facebook, etc. any longer, but I am still picking the darn thing up to check! 

Does anyone else have this issue?  What are you doing about it?  I could use some tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive