Rockin' 30! (Thanks, Mom!)

Image found here
I have to tell ya, today was great!  I got to spend the day with my husband and our daughter, just hanging out.  I didn't do any housework and I didn't have to cook!  I got several birthday wishes that warmed my heart, an Amazon gift card from my brother (heck ya!), a special gift I sent got received (more on that in a minute), and it has been a nice, relaxing evening. I also got a great idea for a running series on the bloggy blog! I am perfectly content today. :)

*    *    *    *

I have done one special thing for the past five years or so on my birthday.  It is a tradition that I started and I make sure, every year, it is carried out.  This tradition that I started, and will continue to do for as long as I possibly can, is a way for me to pay homage to someone that makes my special day possible....

I send flowers to my  mother.


This was her basket today

I don't know just how surprised she is when she receive's them because I am never there, obviously, since we live in another state now, but I know she enjoy's them because she always sends me a picture and she always tell's me how pretty they are and how great they smell.

That alone makes my heart happy.

She always tells me, too, that her kids ask questions (she's a teacher) and the other teacher's comment on how sweet it is and how they wished their children sent them flowers on their birthday's.  (I secretly think she likes the attention just a little bit...just a little...because my mom is rather humble.) 

Here's the way I see it (and this was even before I became a mother):  

She gave me life.  She's the reason I am here and get to have a life to live out loud.  She needs to be recognized for that mighty and-at times-overwhelming job of being a mother.  Every year.  And not just on Mother's Day or her birthday, but on my birthday-the day I became.  

And because, my mom flippin' rocks!  Just sayin'!

So, every year, the day before my birthday, I sit down at my computer and I browse the local flower shop where she lives for the "perfect Mom" bouquet.  It takes me a little bit because it has to have just the right amount of purple, the right touch of spring, and something that will last awhile.  It's worth it though.  It is so worth it to have my heart that happy on my birthday because I took the time to acknowledge my mother.

So, yes, my 30th birthday was spectacular.  I, and other's, made it spectacular.  I did the things I wanted to and I enjoyed every second of it.  I took time for me, even though it wasn't going to the nail salon or the hair salon or going shopping (it rained all. day. looooong.  That all would have been pointless today.) , my time was well spent today acknowledging my mother, spending time with my husband and our little girl, and taking in turning 30!

*     *     *     *

Oh, that new running blog series idea....

I have a reader to thank for that, so thank you for your words earlier this evening!

Here's a hint:


Stay tuned!

Until next time, 
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.