One Year

"There ain't nothin' that I wouldn't do
Go to the ends of the Earth for you
Make you happy, make your dreams come true
To make you feel my love." 
-Garth Brooks



One year ago today we gathered with our closest family and friends and got married while a torrential downpour raged on outside.  It rained through our entire ceremony and then, as we walked down the aisle as husband and wife, the sky quieted, cleared, and the sun came out; almost as if to celebrate the joining of two kindred spirits.


"And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more." 
-Christina Perri 

E and I were together for seven years before we got married.  He is my best friend and knows all of my little quirks, fears, and dreams.  He makes me laugh when I need it and also knows when laughter isn't the best medicine for me, and allows me to just cry.  He supported me through all of those terrible moments in my life when I couldn't see past the darkness.  He celebrated with me when I (finally) got my teaching degree, the birth of our daughter, and my decision to work on my writing.  

"I love you,
for putting your hand into my heaped-up heart
and passing over all the foolish, weak things
you can't help dimly seeing there,
and for drawing out,
into the light,
all the beautiful belongings
that no one else had looked
quite hard enough to find." 
-Roy Croft

I never would have thought the night I saw him at the local gas station for the first time that he would be the father of my child, my husband, and my best friend.  I simply just stared with curiosity out the car window at the gas station attendant and said to my friend when she came back to the car, "He's kind of cute."  To which she replied, "Um....you never say that, about any guy."  She was right, but he was different.  

He keeps me on my toes, but is predictable at the same time.  The transformation into who I am today is due, in large part, to him.  This life would just not be the same if it wasn't for him.  This life would be less brighter if he wasn't in it.   

He is a great husband, a wonderful father to L, and is someone I look forward to many, many more years with.  Happy Anniversary hon!  I love you, forever and ever. :)


"And there's something about you
that stabs me right through." 
-Ludo

***All photo's are courtesy of Lindsay Blum of Lindsay Blum Photography.  If you are local to the St. Louis area and are in need of a photographer, please consider checking her out.  She is wonderful at her job and really takes the time to listen to their clients and their desires.  We couldn't be happier with our photo's! 


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.