The A to Z of Now

Last week, Shawn from Awesomely Awake posted an A to Z Now list and when I read it, I thought it was a pretty good idea.  She borrowed the idea and then encouraged all of her reader's to make their own list.  I think it is a good way to center ourselves in our busy, day-to-day lives.  So, without further adieu, here is my  A to Z Now list:

April. Next month is going to be a lovely, exciting month on the blog and in our home.  I am really looking forward to all that next month holds.

Balancing. Even though I am a SAHM, there is a lot to do in a day around here.  One child, three cat's, a husband, and me.  It can get a little crazy sometimes.  I am really trying to work on balancing everything in this house with my own needs.  It is a struggle, but I am getting there.

Coloring. L has found a new love for coloring and that makes this Mommy's heart super happy.

Diet. I am holding on very tightly to my "No snacking at night" rule.  I have failed a few times, but I keep trying!

Energy.  I have felt so depleted lately.

February.  Thank goodness that month is over.  That was a trying month with all the sickness that went through this house.

Grace. I am learning how to express it and be a pillar of it.  Grace is hard sometimes.

Hair.  I miss my long hair.  I wish it would hurry up and grow back.

Inspired. This was also what Shawn had listed on her list.  However, I am started to feel more inspired daily now that I am writing more.  I have started to really see things again, which is always lovely.

Junk.  Our garage is ridiculous, seriously.  It needs an overhaul.  Soon.

Keys.  Okay, so, we have a car that doesn't require the key be placed in the ignition to start the car.  The key just has to be present in the vehicle.  I know this.  I have known this for months.  I do it all the time.  Except for today, when I had a frantic search in my pockets for the car keys to start the car.  (As in, put the key in the ignition and start the car.) I was freaking out thinking I was going to have to take L back out of the car, go back into Target, report lost keys, and then call my husband to come get L and her dumb Mom for loosing the keys to the car.  Until I saw the ignition button and those nice words, "Push to Start."  *sigh*  Thank you, Nissan.  How many heart attacks have you given people this year?

Losing it.  Yup, Mommy loses her mind daily.  It's okay.  We just go on about our business like nothing ever happened.

March.  I love March.  It is the start of a new season, new growth, new projects, new fashion, new....everything.  I love March.

No.  I am learning to say this more.  I am also dealing with L doing it.  She has mastered the head nod and the head shake, ladies and gentlemen.  It's all downhill from here. LOL!

Optometrist.  Mommy needs an eye exam and new glasses.

Peace.  Yea, stole this one too, but we all need peace.  Peace within, peace from the outside world, peace at night when the baby is sleeping.....Peace.  Good word.  Good idea.

Quiet.  It is true what they say:  If your toddler is quiet, you better go check on them.  You may find a whole box of wipes in the toilet like I did! Or, hey, you may even find a stuffed Simon from The Chipmunks head first in the toilet with the lid closed like Daddy did!

Restore.  Restore myself, restore order in our home.

Silly.  L is silly.  She encourages Mommy and Daddy to be silly, too.  Everyone wins!  We all need to be silly once in a while, don't you agree?

Tea.  I love my herbal tea.  Oh, how I love it.

Up.  I think one day, when the weather is warmer, L and I are going to go outside in the backyard, lay on a blanket, and look at the sky.  It has been a long time since I have viewed the world from the ground.

View.  I need to pick up a camera again and start changing my view of the world.

Writing.  I love that I am doing this more.  I am feeling myself start to center again after taking a really long hiatus.  I missed writing.  I missed being able to understand what I am thinking through my writing.  I have a disconnect between my thoughts and my mouth sometimes.  It is better for me to write them down.  Always has been, always will be.

Xylophone.  L has a toy one that she bangs on a lot during the day.  She get's very excited that it makes noise.  She also loves her drum. LOL!

Year.  The husband and I will have been married for a year next month!

Zoo. I can't wait to take L to the zoo soon! It will be her first trip!  

And there you have it!  I encourage you all to write your own list, too.  I feel better after doing this.  It helps me to be present in the here and now and not think about all the other things that need to be done around here.

Until next time,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.