Cheesy Tuna Casserole

Welcome everyone!  It's Wednesday and that usually means that it's time for another recipe from yours truly! :)  This week I have a super easy casserole to share with all of you.  We will get to that in a minute, but first I need to cover a couple of things:

1.  This will be the last recipe for 2013.  I won't be posting recipes until after the first of the year.  I'm giving myself a break for the holiday season and to replenish my recipe stash. ;)

2.  I have quite a bit of end-of-the-year things to wrap up that are blog related.  I have posts planned until January 1st, so I need to get to cracking on new material!  Is there anything you would like to see on the blog?  Leave me a comment and tell me!

Now that business is taking care of, let's get to talking about the subject at hand....


This recipe came about after rummaging through my pantry in hopes of finding something to fix for dinner.  It was cold and snowy and I didn't want to venture out to the store.  After doing some quick Google searches and pantry rummaging, I discovered I had everything I would need to make some Cheesy Tuna Casserole!

Ingredients:
1 can of tuna in water, drained
Egg Noodles (I used half of a one pound bag.  It fed three people and we had leftovers for two small portions)
1 can Cream of Celery (You can also use mushroom, but I was out.)
1 can of milk (use the soup can)
1 package of shredded cheddar cheese
Bread Crumbs (I used Panko Bread Crumbs..not my first choice, but it's all I had)
***You may also add veggies***


1.  Bring noodles to a boil before you start the next step.  
2.  To prepare the soup and cheese mixture, heat the soup and one can of milk in a separate pan until smooth.  Flake in tuna.
3.  Turn the soup and tuna mixture down on low, preheat your oven to 350, and grease a 9x13 baking dish.  
4.  By now, your noodles are probably ready.  I shut the burner off and let them sit in their water while I did the next step.
5.  Add the shredded cheese to your soup mixture and stir until melted.  (I started with a half a bag and that was plenty.)
6.  Drain your noodles, dump them back into the pot they came out of , and then add the soup and cheese mixture.  Stir until well blended.
7.  Transfer to the baking dish, top with bread crumbs, and extra shredded cheese if you so desire.
8. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

I was worried about how this would turn out because I did it on the fly, mostly.  I read a few tuna casserole recipes from Google before I started, but that was all the knowledge I had.  I thought it turned out pretty good!  Even the hubbs and the kiddo enjoyed it!

I have discovered that the more I have been cooking from scratch, the better my brain is getting at recalling what goes best with what, cook times, etc.  It's pretty exciting, but really strange at the same time.  I always had to follow recipes.  I was always scared to deviate or try to do something from memory, but I am finding that I am starting to want to venture away from that safe space.

I believe this series has a lot to do with that, so thank you guys for being so supportive!  It means so very much to me!



This post is part of the From My Kitchen series.  Please feel free to browse the archive for more yummy deliciousness!





  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.