12 Days of DIY Ornaments

 Well....this post was supposed to go live yesterday, but life kind of happened and the blog post didn't.  So, anyway, I am joining up with Tawny from Tawny's Tid Bits and several other bloggers to do a 12 Days of DIY Ornaments!


I chose to show you all how to make Christmas trees using popsicle sticks and buttons.  It was a pretty fun project, took minimal time, and I didn't have to break the bank to do it.



Supplies Needed
Craft sticks
Buttons
Green paint and paint brush
Hot glue gun and glue
Ribbon/Twine

First, you need to get your tree set up.  I took one full stick and laid it vertically and then proceeded to stack the other sticks horizontally.  

It looks a little like this:


I had to break the sticks down to the sizes I needed them to be to give it that Christmas tree look.  These were pretty easy to just break with my hands.  I would not advise allowing the little ones to do this part if you are doing these with kiddos.

After you get your tree looking how you want it, hot glue the crap out of it!
I placed glue on the backs of each horizontal piece and placed them on the vertical piece.

I allowed the glue to dry and then I painted it!


Once the paint was dry, I got out my buttons and I started hot gluing buttons onto the tree.  I had some leftover red string from a Christmas craft last year, so I used that to fashion a little hanger so it can be hung on the tree. 


And there you have it folks!  A cute and simple Christmas tree ornament that is fun and easy for all ages!

Also, please head on over and see Morgan's ornament since she is the one that is supposed to be in the limelight today and not me.

7 comments:

  1. This is a super cute ornament. I love how used the little craft sticks to make the tree.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shannah! It was really easy to make! I probably could have gotten it all done in one day had I not started late at night! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. How cute! This would be so fun to make with kids and save as a keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So cute! Perfect for a kid craft! Would love for you to come & share at my party http://mommyondemand.com/create-bake-9/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute idea, love the idea of the craft stick trees. I really need to make some ornaments next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was super easy to make-and fun! I wanted L to get in on the fun too, but we just ran out of time. I feel like Christmas was so rushed! Hopefully next year we can do a bit more crafty things. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.