The Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  We had some AH-MAZING! weather here in the Midwest this weekend and it made our plans all the more enjoyable!

Friday was a pretty lazy day.  L was up and down all night so neither her nor I got much sleep.  We laid around most of the morning and then we both went and took naps in our rooms from 1 till about 4:30 in the afternoon.  I don't know about her, but my nap was lovely!  Once we woke up, L had a snack and watched some Gnomeo and Juliet while I got her packed up to go to her grandparent's house for the next two nights.  We both needed a break from each other and to catch up on our sleep.

L was out of the house by about 6:30 and I got busy cleaning up the house, getting things organized, and pretty much just enjoying the peace and quiet.  I turn the TV off, turn on some music, and just do what I need to do.

Husband got home about 8:30 and we actually just hung out in front of the TV that evening and ate pizza.  By midnight, I was ready for bed.  If it is possible, I died when my head hit the pillow.  I slept straight through until nine the next morning and it was bliss!

Saturday I spent running errands and enjoying some me time.  I browsed some stores, took in some of the latest fashions (some that I am not so sure about), and just enjoyed the weather and the music that Pandora provided for me.  Later that afternoon, I started getting ready to go out to The Muny with some of my people's to see Mary Poppins.

Mary Poppin's was awesome!  I enjoyed every minute of it.  I am just that artsy and that nerdy that productions like that fill my heart up and make me feel good again.  Since L has arrived, I have put that part of myself off.  I am the kind of person that needs to sink into her very favorite things and have those outlets for when other aspects of my life are out of control.  I need that solace that my favorite things provide.  (More on this topic in a later post.)

Here is me waiting on my people's to arrive!  P.S. I bought myself a new shirt for the occasion.  I should have taken a picture of the whole outfit-I was pretty proud of it!



I got home Saturday evening (after getting lost in a not so great part of St. Louis-sigh-I know better.  I lived there for a looong time and I still went left instead right! Argh!) and I was exhausted!  The husband and I got caught up on each other's day and evenings and then went to bed.  We were both so tired!

Sunday morning we woke up early and got ready to go pick up L from the grandparent's house so we could travel down to my  parent's house to celebrate my brother's birthday.  L was excited to see us and she was able to catch up on her sleep (both nights, all night long!) and off we went on our two hour drive, over the river and through the woods (literally) to my parents house.

Where we did all sorts of things, including: 

Watching a kite fly

And eating a fresh cherry tomato from Nana and Papa's garden

L also has become fascinated with rocks, so we all got rocks given to us at various points throughout the day.  She loved to put them in our pockets for us.  The three she gave me are sitting on my window sill above the kitchen sink. Daddy even helped L pick me a flower and she brought it to me, then when I went to grab it, she jerked it back and said, "No, Mommy!  Mine!"  That's typical! Ha! :)

All in all it was a great weekend!  There was some clarity received this weekend and I feel a bit more rejuvenated than I have in the past few weeks.  I'm not all the way there, but I am getting there.

How was your weekend? Tell me about it!

 photo newblogsigwithbird_zps70b3f9f1.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.