Happy Birthday L!

Dear L,

You are 2 today!  I can't believe how much you have grown this past year.  It really does seem like only yesterday that we were waking up every 3-4 hours so you could eat and get a diaper change.  Those first six weeks went by so fast.  People told me they would, but I didn't really let it sink in, until now.

Some day's I sit and watch you play and I am amazed that you are even in the same room as me.  You came from me, something that I was told wasn't possible, but here you are!  You are incredibly active (okay, actually, you are non-stop most of the day. HA!) and you are learning how to talk.  You say so many things now and I am floored each time you say something new.  I talk to you as much as I can, because I know that is how you learn.



We read books together and we play with your dolls.  We watch Caillou and Spongebob and Clifford.  You like Elmo and Snow White.  Ellie is your constant companion through it all, as am I.  You're my constant companion.  We go everywhere together, L.  You love the grocery store and you like to "help" me pick out food and put things in the cart.

You love to be outside and explore.  I have fun watching you play outside.  It isn't that I don't want to play with you when we are outside-I just love watching you.  You help Mommy to remember all of those things I have forgotten.  One day you will understand what I mean.  Don't be in a hurry to grow up, L.  I know I will hear you say this countless times over the years, but trust me, it all goes so fast anyway.  Enjoy it while you can.



You are Daddy's favorite.  Any time you get to spend with Daddy is your favorite time.  There are so many thing's Daddy can't wait to do with you.  He's talked about them so much this past year.  Oh, the fun you and Daddy are going to have!  I can't wait for those memories for you.



You are the sunshine in a lot of people's lives, L, just by being yourself.  Don't ever stop being yourself.  I hope that as you get older, you will remain true to who you are.  That's what I am here for-to help you with that.  There are a lot of thing's Mommy knows about that she wants you to understand.  Some of those things you will have to learn on your own, I know this, but I will always be here to help you when you need it.

I can't believe you are 2, baby girl.  You are napping right now and you will probably wake up soon, so I need to end this here.  Mommy and Daddy are so proud of you and we love you very much.  I can't wait to see all of the things you learn this year!

All my love,
Mommy






 photo newblogsigwithbird_zps70b3f9f1.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.