What We Did This Weekend: The Pumpkin Farm

Saturday we took L to the pumpkin farm to pick out her first pumpkin.  We went to a place called Relleke's and they had all kinds of things for kids (and adults) to do.  It was a great way to spend a couple of hours outdoors and we came home with three pumpkins, which we will be carving later this week!

The first thing we did was, of course, feed the goats.
Our child has a thing for goats.

And then we were off to pick out a pumpkin!


"I want dis," she said.

She settled for a photo on top of the giant pumpkin.

Daddy and L searched all over looking for the perfect pumpkin.

Found it!

Getting weighed!
(I got Daddy's hands in the picture. Oops!) 

Then we went over to the pre-picked pumpkins and got one each for Mommy and Daddy.
And another photo with some pumpkins.

And then this happened.
(We drove around for an hour so she could nap. Ha!) 

We all had a great time and can't wait to go back next year!  I'm looking forward to cutting into those pumpkins this week and showing you all our mad carving skills!

What did you do this weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,
    How cute is your little Lynzi? She's the cutest pumpkin in the patch! It's been quite a while since my kids were that age, but seeing your photos brought back many memories. One of our local patches gives hay rides, face painting, has a corn maze and even has Snoopy on hand for photo ops. Such fun for everyone in this beautiful season!

    We didn't have near as much fun. We saw Galaxy in 3D...my husband in a space nut and I'm a George Clooney nut. In my opinion, there was far too much space stuff and not near enough George Clooney!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! She had a good time! It was so fun to watch her explore her surroundings. Oh, I wish they would have had a Snoopy! I love Snoopy and Lynzi loves puppies-so that would have been a hit for sure!

      It has been awhile since the husband and I have gone to see a movie. There just hardly isn't anything out in the theaters that we want to pay to see. The last movie we saw was the latest Batman that came out. We usually just wait for Netflix or OnDemand to get it! Ha!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.