New Beginnings

I have recently talked about how there are a few areas of my life that I would like to improve on.  I believe we, as human beings, are better focused when we are actively participating in life.  I am at my best when I am creating something.  I am the type that needs  craves an outlet to express myself.  If I am not able to do that in a timely manner, I start getting very crabby.

The past couple of weeks I have really been thinking about what interests me and what I enjoy doing, aside from being a mommy and a wifey.

Here's what I have discovered:

1.  I say I am not fashion-oriented, but I love clothes.  I love to shop.  I have 317 style ideas pinned to my Style Ideas board on Pinterest.  I am obsessed with clothes.  Here's my problem:  I am stuck in that limbo area with my clothes.  I am not a college kid anymore, but I'm only thirty.  I don't know which way I am supposed to go in the fashion world anymore.  Most days I throw on yoga pants and a t-shirt because I get overwhelmed.  Here's my solution:  I need to take back control of my wardrobe.  I need to find new ways to wear what I have, get some replacement staple pieces that are better fitted to my new body, and I need to hold myself accountable to get out of the yoga pants.  I will call this:  Operation Get Out Of Yoga Pants.  Watch for it coming soon to the blog!

2.  I enjoy being in the kitchen.  It really doesn't bother me to cook dinner most nights or to have to make something for a special occasion. I have tons of recipes in my house and on Pinterest.  Here's my problem:  I have no confidence in the kitchen.  I make the same basic meals over and over again because I am afraid to try and do something new.  I am afraid of failure.  (I am such a perfectionist! Ahh!) Here's my solution: I am going to start making one new meal a week.  No ifs, ands, or buts about it.  One new meal a week and I have to share it with you all.  I will call this:  From My Kitchen...  This, too, will be coming soon to the blog!

I am very excited to start these things on the blog. I think it is going to really help me open up and start testing myself.  These new things will give me something to focus on throughout the week which will break up the monotony on here and even in our house.  

And, don't you worry, I still plan on posting those unique posts.  I could never stop posting those.  I think some of those posts are the best writing I have done in quite a while.  I love being able to just sit down and let it all flow out onto the keys.  Those posts are meant for not just my own personal clarity, but for others too.  I know I am not alone in how I feel most of the time.  I just want others to know they aren't alone.
And that's why I write.






2 comments:

  1. Sara, I am impressed at the new path you're traveling! It's not even New Year's Eve either!

    When I was 30 (a few decades ago), I was so into mixing and matching my pieces of clothing and always looking fashionable, that people looked to me for advice on what looked good. Nowadays, I just wear what's comfortable, but still reasonably respectful to wear in public. I guess I'm over always looking like a fashionista!

    Now the cooking bit, that is SOOO my style! I rarely make anything twice! I take the stance that life is too short to eat the same thing twice. I have cookbooks on Food.com (long-standing member from the early days) and find tons of wonderful recipes on Pinterest, like you.

    I love to read too and look forward to reading your reviews. I find great book finds at Goodwill for cheap to keep books on hand. My problem of late is that I spend too much time on the computer. I need to read more...with books and enjoy trod literature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy! Goals are good for any time! :) I'm just trying to get some of my groove back. I lost myself for awhile and needed some downtime. Now that I am coming back, I am ready to take on challenges! Thanks for stopping by and commenting! I hope you enjoy what you read in the coming months! Have a great weekend!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.