Wardrobe Staples: Completer Pieces

This is the second to last post in the wardrobe staples series.  I have had a lot of fun researching and writing this series.  I have actually learned quite a bit along the way, including what completer pieces are.  

I wasn't aware that blazers, cardigans, cropped jackets, and denim jackets were considered completer pieces.  I mean, I knew they existed, but I never knew what they were categorized as, ya know?  When I found out exactly what was considered a completer piece, I felt like I had hit the jackpot in my wardrobe.

I adore cardigans.  Before my closet purge, I had a crap ton of cardigans.  I went through all of them and got rid of the ones that had holes, stretched out, too small, too big, etc. Now I have fair amount of cardigans in various colors, but I am still missing the coveted pink, purple, and leopard print cardigans.  I scored a green one and a navy blue one this past weekend at a yard sale (I paid $3 for two cardigans, ya'll....and one is from The Loft!) 

Okay, anyway, enough about my cardigan obsession, let's move on to what we need in our closets as far as completer pieces.



Completer Pieces

  • 2 neutral colored completer pieces
  • 2 secondary color completer pieces
  • Denim jacket 

2 Neutral Colored Completer Pieces

By now everyone should be aware of what I mean when I say "neutral colored."  So, make sure you have two completer pieces in a neutral color.  I have a black cardigan, a grey cardigan, and a white cardigan.  I need to expand myself a little bit and get a blazer or heck, I would rock a cropped jacket, too. 
source


2 Secondary Color Completer Pieces

This is where you can have a little fun with some color if you chose to.  I love pink blazers.  I love red cropped jackets. Do you see where I am going with this? It's good to have some "businessy-y" pieces, but we need to express ourselves a bit within our wardrobe.  We usually do that by flocking to our favorite color(s) and buying pieces in that hue.  (This is why, at one time, I had 15 purple shirts.  This is also a warning that you can be too excessive with your favorite color.) 

source

Denim Jacket

This is pretty self-explanatory, amIright? I have a denim jacket and I love it.  It goes great with my maxi skirts that I wear constantly.  Ha! If you didn't get a denim jacket after my spring wardrobe staples post, then you need to do so, NOW.  

source
That wraps it up for this week!  Next week, we will talk about shoes and accessories, so expect a longer post, but there will be more things to drool over, so that could be fun!  






4 comments:

  1. I totally have these in my closet! WINNING :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I need a blazer. I just can't find the right one.

      Delete
  2. Love cardigans as well! The go with every occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And they make them in Spring/Fall fabrics so you see them year round and buy them year round--that's my problem. LOL!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.