May Make-Up Buys

I thought that it would be fun to talk about some of the beauty products I have been using and trying out lately.  I buy beauty products every month, so why not talk about them and tell you all why I use them?  I get to chat about beauty products and you all get a heads-up on products that maybe you don't know so much about. Sound cool?  I thought so. 

When I placed my clothing order with Target last month, I also added some make up to my cart.  I don't normally do this, but there were some products that I had been dying to try and I just couldn't wait any longer. 


The first product I have to talk about is the Maybelline Baby Lips.  I kept seeing all these other bloggers raving about this product and I knew I needed to see what the fuss was all about!  So, I ordered the Peach Kiss per all the reviews since I was looking for just a nice shimmery look to my lips.  Verdict:  This stuff is AWESOME!  I loved it so much, in fact, that while I was making a late night run to Walgreen's one night (for ice cream...I'm not sorry), I picked up the Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Pink Me Up.  It's fantastic too!  It has a cool burst with it so it refreshes the lips and gives you a bit of color all in one! The best part: $2.99 at Target online right now.  Not kidding!  Go now! 

source
source 
Another lip product made it into my cart last month and that was the Maybelline Color Whisper Lipcolor.  I was just roaming around the lipstick online and saw the name of these and was intrigued.  After reading the reviews and looking through the color options, I purchased Lust for Blush and it is the perfect shimmery light mauve.  Verdict: It's a little tacky feeling at first, but once it dries, its light as a feather.  I forget I even had it on.  It's a pretty good price at $5.99!  I may have to try out another color, but I'm not quite sure yet.  

source
I was in desperate need of some black eyeliner as I had ran out of my Avon Glimmersticks and hadn't had a chance to order more.  So, I decided to give Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner a try.  Verdict:  This goes on very smoothly, which is a must since I have only been messing with eyeliner for a little over a year.  As long as I use my eyelid primer on my lids and dab a little under my eye, the liner doesn't smudge.  If I don't, it smudges.  Horribly.  I'm a tad bummed that I paid $4.99 for something that I am not totally in love with, but it isn't a horrible price for eyeliner either.  So.  Any recs on eyeliner ladies? I need smooth application and minimal to no smudge!

source
I spent a little under $20 last month on new products and 3 out of the 4 were successes.  In my book, that's a win!  I can't wait to show you all what I get in June next month!  I'm already eyeing some nail polish!  So, tell me, did you try any new make-up products this month? 


6 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with baby lips. I want them all. Seriously lol

    Also I nominated you for a Liebster award HERE. You don't have to do it if you don't want to, but know you are beloved! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA! I know! I want them all now too and I've only tried the two!

      Thanks for the nomination girl! I left you a little comment on your blog post just now!

      Delete
  2. It's funny I keep seeing baby lips all over the place, too, but still can't decide if I want them or not... because there are so many colors and flavors that I wouldn't be able to stop until I get all of them! It happened to me with eos already :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! That's exactly what happens! I just learned to embrace it and go with it. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Baby Lips are awesome! Tried want and now, like all every girl in the world, I want em all too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I see them in a store, I have to look!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.