Emptying My Head

Oh, lookie here, I'm writing a blog post! I should have taken off the month of June in regards to blogging.  I just haven't had the brain capacity to write anything that I had planned.  I'm taking some time today to sit down and just write all this out so I can stop thinking about doing it--hence the title of the post. 

This month has been full of planning L's 3rd birthday party, Father's Day, a weekend getaway (which is happening this weekend), and all the other daily things that come up.  I had tons of blog posts planned for this month and I think I managed to write five posts I really wanted to get out in the world.  I apologize guys!  However, I think you all enjoyed what I did put out this month, so that's a plus.

source

Earlier in the year, I had talked about how I had a few projects up my sleeve for 2014 and I think one of those needs to be started ASAP.  I am looking at taking down the Facebook page (don't freak out on me!) and producing a newsletter that would come straight to your inbox once a week from Life & Leopard.  Facebook has completely screwed with their algorithms and has made it almost impossible for bloggers to get our content seen from our pages.  Only ten of you see my posts via Facebook on a daily basis.  There are 92 fans on my page.  That's insane and I feel like I am putting too much time into something that isn't helping me.

However, there is a way that you can all follow me on my personal profile and you can get my blog updates that way.  I'm still working out the details on that portion, but I think a newsletter and having readers follow my personal profile on Facebook would really help out in the long run. 

I've also been thinking a lot about my personal writing lately.  I love writing beauty and style posts.  Surprisingly, I do well with them, but they aren't satisfying my creative writing side.  This tells me that I need to start making time to write creatively and really work on getting those things out into the world.  That is where my heart is at and it's why I started blogging in the first place.  

source

I love Life & Leopard.  This blog has helped me in my journey back to myself after L was born.  I went from not caring about anything "me" wise to being able to balance it all pretty well.  There are still some things I'm working on, but I'm much further than I was a year ago.  I have all of you to thank for that.  I really do. If it wouldn't have been for all of you coming here to read what I have to say in regards to beauty and style, I would have quit.  

So, that's what has been on my mind lately.  We are going away for the weekend and I am checking out of the social media world to give my brain a break.  I am going to take some books, a pen, and a journal and remember what it was like to entertain myself with those things.  Have a great weekend everyone!  I'll be back next week! 

source

4 comments:

  1. I think it is just summer! It seems to be slower for everyone. And people are just busy! It will come back! Great to meet you have a fabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I know I'm not alone-I've been reading the same thing I wrote everywhere, I'm just hard on myself, I suppose. I am looking forward getting back into the swing of things and getting some projects off the ground.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, a lot of people are complaining about FB. I knew once they got on the stock market, they'd be trying to pinch money from people. It'll soon to be a Myspace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I've started feeling about it, too. It's just been so frustrating! I won't pay money to get likes, I think that is ridiculous.

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.