Summer 2014 Book Challenge



I'm coming a little late to the game on this, but I just found out about Megan's book challenge, and I am really excited to start.  I love to read!  I feel like I don't get to do it enough because I'm not actively making the time to read. Well, that's all about to change!  

Basically, we have to come up with a list of books to read that meet certain criteria that can be found here. We have from today until August 31 to finish our lists.  Wanna see my list?

Freebie!  Read any book that is at least 200 pages long.


Read a book that was written before you were born. 


Finish reading a book you couldn't finish the first time around.
I'm going to have to think about this one for a bit. -TBD-


Read a book from the children's section from the library or bookstore.



Read a book that is on the New York Time's Best Seller's List when you begin reading it.


Read a historical fiction book that does not take place in Europe.


Read a book another blogger has already read for the challenge.

-TBD-


Read a book with “son(s),” “daughter(s)” or “child(ren)” in the title. 


Read a book that was/will be adapted to a film in 2014.



Read a book written by a blogger.



Read a biography, autobiography, or a memoir. 



Read a pair of books with antonyms in the titles. 
This one is going to be tricky, too. -TBD-

I think I have a pretty good start! Be sure to stay tuned for updates or follow my progress over at Goodreads!  Let the summer of reading begin! 


6 comments:

  1. yayyy! i loved water for elephants, and i am reading the husband's secret too (but in the acronym section lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristen, I am so excited for my book list, I can't even express it! I have to get ordering next week (or to the library) so I can start building my arsenal! Lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hi Sara,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad you did and that I found your blog! I want to join the summer book challenge!! So much fun! I have not posted anything about it because I am still thinking but I hope to soon! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should TOTALLY join! It's going to be a blast! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love this challenge... the different types of books are a good way to break it up. I still need to get to reading. At the beginning of the year I put together a list of books I want to read and I've barely touched the list. School's been hectic, but I'll FINALLY be able to get to it after finals this week.

    Looks like a bunch of book reviews are in the near future... for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I cannot wait to write me some reviews! I know when I was in school, it was SO HARD to read for fun! Ugh! I used to just devour books on summer breaks. Lol! I also spent a lot of time at the pool with books! Lol! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.