National Wear Red Day

Today is National Wear Red Day.  NWRD is is always the first Friday of February and is done to bring awareness of heart disease in women.

Heart disease is the number one killer in women, which is why National Wear Red Day was started.

"In 2003, research revealed that heart disease was by far the No. 1 killer of women, and actually killed more women than men. To save lives and raise awareness of this serious issue, the American Heart Association launched Go Red For Women. And the red dress has become the iconic symbol of our battle against heart disease in women."
Source

So, in the spirit of today, I decided to show you a few ways you can wear red to show your support!





Are you wearing red today?

Have a great weekend everyone and I will see you back here on Monday with a peek at some of my favorite Spring accessories!

1 comment:

  1. Great outfit choices! I've been wearing bold red lips for months now :)
    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.