It's Nice To Be Nice

There is so much to be said today, so much in fact, that I don't know where to start.  Much like the snow outside my kitchen window, thoughts and words are piling up.

Words.

Have you ever thought about actual words?  Have you ever thought about the effect they have on those around you when they come out of your mouth or through your fingers?  Have you ever thought about the damage they can do?

Yesterday I saw damaging words attached to a photo.  I was enraged, heart broken, and sick.  Those five or six words attached to the photo were deafening as they reverberated through my soul.  I heard my daughter waking up in the next room and I thought to myself, "How does this happen?  How do people become so cruel and vicious?"

The photo, those words...they followed me around all morning.  Every time I would look at my daughter, flashing back to my hand holding my phone and seeing that photo, reading those words.....I couldn't take it anymore.  I had to set an example.  "I have to do something," I thought.

I knew what I would do.

I took a stand.

I stood up with a handful of other's and declared that we would not tolerate the kind of behavior that the user displayed.  You do not treat people like trash!

I took it upon myself to notify the person that the photo and the hurtful words were against.  It was hard.  I sat at my computer for what seemed like forever, trying to find the words. Once I did, it all came pouring out of me in a flood.  I couldn't stop.  I had to make myself stop or it would have turned into a novel about the injustice that had been raised upon this person without. them. even. knowing.

That's right.

They didn't even know what had been done to them.

Sickening.

After it was all said and done, the doer of the deed was confronted and the photo (magically) disappeared.

However, what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

I, and a handful of other's, know what happened, and that is enough for me.  There are people who joined with me yesterday in a show of fellowship to another human being.  That warmed my heart on so many levels.

We are all in this together in this great big world.  While the world spins out of control around us, we have to take it back.  We have to take our world  back.  How, you ask? You start by being kind.  I don't care how broke you are, how wrong  you think your life is going, you can still be kind.

Being kind is free.

Being kind is freeing.

When you smile at a stranger, hold a door open for someone, or offer a few dollars to the person in front of you in line at the grocery store who has come up short; that's being kind.

That's how humanity comes back.

What you put out into the world, comes back to you.

Until next time,


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.