Taco Shells & Cheese

AND WE'RE BACK!  I took quite a break from the 'ole blog over the holiday season and I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  I'm still working on blowing the dust out of my brain, so bear with me the next couple of weeks while we got a routine restored around here.

With that being said, I have a new recipe for you all today!  It was supposed to be my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dip that I made over the holidays, but my pictures disappeared, so I will have to re-make that one and take different photos. :(

So, today, is a very simple recipe....a college kid recipe, if you will.  My mother-in-law told me about this years ago when E and I were living together, stating that she used to make it for E when he was little.  We ate the crap out of it back in the day! I hadn't made it in a while, but those days between Christmas and New Year's were tough, so I made this and L loved it, too!

This recipe is simple, easy, and yummy!  You only need about 4-5 ingredients and it's quick.  This is perfect for nights that you don't have a lot of time or it's time to go to the store and you just don't want to go quite yet because, hey, the milk is still good and so is the bread and you have these ingredients that you know you can make something out of....Oh...am I the only one that does that?  ...Oopsie... :)




You will need: 
1 lb. ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 box of shells and cheese of your choosing
Salsa
Mexican/Fiesta Blend Shredded Cheese (optional)


Directions: 
***NOTE:  Prepare your shells n cheese in a larger than normal pot!  You will be mixing everything in with the shells and cheese.

Prepare the shells and cheese like you normally would.  While the shells are boiling, prepare the ground beef by following the directions on the taco seasoning packet.

Once your shells and cheese and the ground beef are ready to go, dump the meat into the pot with the shells and cheese, mix it together.

Now, add and stir in the salsa.  I always use a mild/medium salsa and I start with a cup.  If I think it needs more, I add to taste.  (I kept it pretty light this time since I was feeding it to the kiddo.) 

Make sure it's mixed well, serve in bowls, and top with shredded cheese!  You could even add a dollop of sour cream if you would like!


Now, how's that for an easy and yummy dinner?



This post is part of the From My Kitchen series.  Please feel free to browse our archive for more yummy deliciousness!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.