The Month of 30 Series: 30th Birthday Party Recap

I am super excited to share the weekends events with you.  I have pictures, too!  Are you ready?  Okay, here we go!

Friday night I spent the whole evening cleaning after L left to go stay with Grandma and Grandpa.  There was no way in hell I was going to let people come into my home and see it as it was.  Oh it was so bad!  (And now people who know me are rolling their eyes and mumbling, "Oh please your house is not dirty, ever.") Anyway, I cleaned and fell into bed exhausted.

Saturday morning I woke up and it was raining its butt off.  :( We had planned to do everything outside that evening because our house can get rather claustrophobic when there are more than five people in it at a time.  Well, when I checked the weather and it didn't look like it was going to let up until way past my bedtime, I just decided we would do everything indoors.

 After making that decision and doing the necessary prep, my best friend showed up to help me prepare for the evening festivities.  She was quite an important part of the little shindig we had.  Not only is she my best friend and I pretty much have to have her present for everything I do, but she brought this:



Uh, yea.  That would be a cake specifically designed and made by her.  For the love of Pete, this girl knows me so well that she even included my favorite kind of cake:  Confetti. (Or as I lovingly call it "Rainbow Cake") If you ever need a cake for a special event and you live in Southeastern Missouri, GET A HOLD OF HER!  She is reasonably priced, efficient, and really knows how to think outside the box for a cake.  I am not just saying all of that because she is my best friend-she's just that  good.  She knows what she is doing!  Seriously.

Then, in typical fashion, we ran off to our favorite store ever:


Because, really, no time together is complete without a trip to Hobby Lobby. She had something she needed to pick up and I had supplies I needed to pick up for a DIY wreath.  We got sidetracked four times going to the check out and then we left to go find some lunch.

We brought lunch back to the house and rested most of the afternoon.  It was nice to just hang out with her. We hadn't gotten to do that in quite some time. We were able to catch up and be our normal, goofy selves.


We got ready for dinner, the hubs came home, and we were off to go meet up with one of my other best friends and his wife.  We had a great time at dinner, ate way too much food, and played catch up with them. Unfortunately, I have no pictures of dinner because, well, I was too busy stuffing my face. :)

We came back to our house after dinner for cake and where several others met us to join in the fun.  I got serenaded by the best man at our wedding.  He sang me Happy Birthday and I seriously almost peed.  Here's proof: (not of the peeing...my reaction...)




It is people like that that make life more fun. :)

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out and getting re-acquainted.  I had a great time and I fell into bed that night completely exhausted, but satisfied.  It was the right way to celebrate turning 30 and I was surrounded by the people who mattered most.

3/4 of The Fearsome Foursome :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Please leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!



Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Popular Posts

Copyright © 2012 by Sara Hallstead and A Plethora of Ponderings. Powered by Blogger.